Clinics & Services
Continuity is really important to us. The benefits to both patients and doctors is huge, so we try and organise ourselves to provide the best continuity we can. All patients have a named GP, but there will be times when that doctor is not available. On the Helston site there are two clusters of GP's meaning that if another doctor needs to deal with your problem they are more likely to be aware of your situation as the cover will come from a limited number of clinicians.
The clusters are as follows:
Pink Cluster: Drs Garman, Tait, Harling, Thomas and Rintoul
Green Cluster: Drs Adewole, Gringhuis and Faulkner
Porthleven: Drs Croker, Adinkra and Hyde
In addition to general medical consultations we are pleased to be able to provide specialist clinics and services covering the following areas:
- Ante Natal
- ADDACTION Drug and Alcohol misuse
- Child Health Surveillance
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Counsellors (patients are seen at the Helston site)
- Minor Surgery
- Sexual Health (run at Helston site only – for non-registered patients also) Clinics on a Thursday from 1430 until 1730. Drop in and appointments.
- Stop Smoking
- Travel Clinic – a charge will be made for certain vaccinations which are not covered by the NHS. A list of these is held at reception.